Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica
P.O. Box 94079
1090 GB Amsterdam
Scientific researcher in the Cryptology Group (PNA5) of Prof. Ronald Cramer.
Email: marc (a) marc-stevens.nl
Honors and Awards
- CRYPTO 2013 Best Young Researcher Paper Award
- Martinus van Marum Prize 2013. Yearly prize from the J.C. Ruigrok
Stichting awarded by the Royal Holland Society of Sciences and Humanities
(KHMW) to a reseacher for his PhD thesis and other publications
consisting of the KHMW 'Optimus Meritis' medal of honor and 12,000 euros.
Awarded once every five years to a reseacher in Mathematics, Computer
Science, Physics or Astronomy.
- CRYPTO 2009 Best Paper Award
- TU/e Afstudeerprijs 2008. Yearly prize from the Technical
University of Eindhoven for the best Master's Thesis university-wide.
- Counter-cryptanalysis: a reference implementation of collision
detection for MD5 and SHA-1.
- HashClash project: an open-source C++ framework for MD5 & SHA-1 differential
path construction and chosen-prefix collisions for MD5, 2009-2012.
- DBLP BibTex: a BibTeX aid program that can search and automatically download
citations and cross references from the DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
and the Cryptology ePrint Archive and add them to your BIB file.
- Visual Cryptography: technique by Shamir and Naor that splits a black&white image file into two
images that seperately look like random static. However, put them on top of
each other when printed on transparents and the original image becomes
See also http://www.cwi.nl/research/cwi-cryptanalysis.